Committee of Trustees
Newstead Road Pre-school is run by a voluntary management committee of trustees.
The trustees have overall responsibility for childcare at the pre-school, though they employ staff, including a manager, to look after it’s day-to-day operation.
The trustees committee are responsible for:
- financial management of the pre-school
- employment and appraisal of staff
- reviewing and maintaining policies
- ensuring the pre-school meets the requirements of the Early Years Register and the Childcare Register
The present trustees are all parents of children who are attending or have attended the pre-school:
- Dave Hand (chair)
- Dave Sapsford (treasurer)
- Romy Tennant
- Giuseppe Spano
- Terry Cox
We would be glad to hear from any parents or carers who are interested in becoming a trustee of the pre-school.
Trustees are elected by parents and carers of children attending the pre-school. Changes to trustees are notified to Ofsted , which includes vetting by the Disclosure and Barring Service. They must also meet the Charity Commission’s eligibility requirements.